Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Empowerment!

Teaching pole and aerial arts I have witness some pretty amazing things. Not only have women improved there physical health by becoming active, but I have seen self-confidence increase 100%. Nothing is more empowering that accomplishing something new. I've watched women come in covered from head to toe, because they were so ashamed of their bodies that they didn't want anyone to see them. After only a few classes they realize that we are all women and we all have the same fears. They start to wear shorts and tank tops. I had a student once tell me "I haven't be comfortable enough to wear shorts in over 5 years" and here she was walking around the studio strutting her stuff. Something about Pole fitness and Aerial arts awakens your inner women and makes you feel sexy and strong again. Every women can benefit from that!

Here are some testimonials for you to read for yourself~



5 comments:

  1. I can definitely see how the classes you teach can get these girls to feel confident and strong. In my opinion, you have a very impressional and important job to help people overcome insecurities and live their lives to to the fullest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to take one of these type classes they look so much fun. They do a lot for a womans physical health as well. I have a few friends who take classes and they are so strong now and you are definatly right about the confidence booster.
    I love your blog it's really entertaining to read. Where do you teach at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems that you are involved with a very inspiring work. What a good way for women to feel empowered. It sounds like you get a lot out of your job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may seem like a dumb question, but is there anything similar that is for guys? Or have you ever seen a guy interested in a class like this? I can see the great benefit of these classes and would be interested myself, if it wasn't such a female specific class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @niels817 actually yes.. Most guys go for the private lessons, because the demand is high enough for all men classes. I do however have a guy who comes almost every week to our aerial silk classes.

    ReplyDelete